Thursday, August 21, 2008

Song of the Day: Some Enchanted Evening

Back in March when I was in New York the revival of South Pacific was in previews and I was dying to catch it.  Unfortunately it was already sold out way past opening night.  I had a feeling this thing would be an enormous hit with critics and audiences especially since it hadn't been seen on Broadway in decades.  I have never been a huge fan of South Pacific, but it's score is probably one of the most iconic ever put on a Broadway stage.  Here we have the gorgeous Kelli O'Hara and renowned opera singer Paulo Szot singing the most famous song form the show - Some Enchanted Evening.  Enjoy

Note of Interest: There were rumors circling that a revival of My Fair Lady would be hitting Broadway sometime in the near future with Kelli O'Hara in the lead. Now that is a production I would LOVE to see.

No comments: