Thursday, August 14, 2008

Song of the Day: Beauty and the Beast

And continuing with my Angela Lansbury obsession - today we have the title song from the hit movie and the eventual hit Broadway Musical, Beauty and the Beast.  The movie is probably still my favorite animated film of all time.  It's a beautiful piece of work and perhaps the last great disney musical film.  Alan Menken's score is probably his best and most accomplished.  But it was Lansbury as Mrs. Potts who stole my heart away when I was a kid and still does to this day.  She brings tears of joy to my face when I hear this.  Enjoy.


Note of Interest:  If you wanna read a really great piece on the Disney film head on over to Hayden's blog where he has his weekly Thursday Top 50 Series.   You won't be disappointed.

No comments: