Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Song of the Day: With Cat-like Tread

Well I just got cast as one of the pirates in Pirates of Penzance, so for today's update I figured I would post my favorite song from the show and the one we started learning last night - With Cat-Like Tread.  Penzance is a ridiculous show, but I love the music whole-heartedly.  It's at times brain numbingly complex and at other times idiotically simple.  It's a great Gilbert and Sullivan.  Our production runs at Columbia College Feb 18 through March 1st 2009.  Hope some of you might be able to make it out.  It's going to be a great show.  Enjoy!

Note of Interest: this will more than likely be my last show at Columbia seeing as how I am graduating in May.  It means a lot to me that my last show here will be a Main stage Musical because my very first show at this school was the Main stage Musical Ragtime.  It's been a great four years and I couldn't possibly think of a better way to cap it off.

No comments: