Saturday, September 13, 2008

Song of the Day: 13

Holy Jesus... is this the new face of Broadway?  If it is I am sufficiently terrified.  Has Jason Robert Brown completely lost his fucking mind?  Now I'm sure that these kids are all talented in their own right... but a musical featuring only 13 years olds that is about juvenile subjects with a score this bad is not going to make any money.  I'm expecting this to get slammed by the critics.  I'll be the first to say if I'm wrong later, but I don't think I will be.  Hey at least they are giving away really cheap tickets for teenagers.  I wish they would do this for more Broadway shows.  But somehow I don't think this is the kind of show that is gonna inspire kids to want to see South Pacific, Gypsy, or even In The Heights for that matter.  See for yourself what I'm talking about -

Find more videos like this on 13 The Musical Fansite
Note of Interest:  I have never been a huge Jason Robert Brown fan, but I do think his score for the musical Parade is one of the best to hit Broadway in the past 20 years and you all should definitely check that one out.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Ummmmm . . . WTF? Who wants to pay to see 13 year olds?